Marketing activities during a pandemic
GOAL: Winning as much of the market as possible
- If our observations in terms of the economic and social situation are confirmed – we really want to be those who will find themselves on a rising tide. Due to the actions taken earlier, we had a good situation in the company. But we realized fairly quickly that overnight some customers might stop doing business and the market would start crumbling like dominoes. We don’t want to be “surprised” by something that will happen in the next few months.
- Therefore, our strategy for the second quarter of 2020 is “painting your face with fighting colors.” I think it also has a positive effect on the team’s morale and creates an optimistic attitude for all of us. In our opinion, the worst thing is to shut up from the inside and passively wait this time out. It has a bad effect on our heads.
- We started to act, much the same, only faster.
We took action quickly.
Activity # 1: Writing articles on LinkedIn, defining new products
GOAL: Finding out what “resonates”, establishing conversations with customers to find out about the current market situation.
- To this end, we have written two articles:
- What are other companies doing in response to COVID-19?
- How to develop business and profits during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Entrepreneurs now need someone to help them acquire customers. And “digitize” processes, especially marketing ones.
- After 26 hours of talks, we can see that there is a great demand for knowledge in the field of: marketing activities that will allow you to be on the “rising wave”. Therefore, it will be a good idea to define new products.
Action # 2: Selling products and services over the lifecycle, sharing knowledge
GOAL: Selling products and services over the lifecycle, sharing knowledge.
- We will be a great marketing agency, not when we deliver high-quality products. This is what most companies on the market today declare. And when a customer calls them, they exchange all the items from the offer. Thus, not caring about what is needed for them (my experience as a CMO). We want to deliver business value. We want everyone who works with us to be able to earn more. We take responsibility for the results.
- We want to know how to help others – when we learn the new economic and social situation first, we will occupy the largest part of the market in our industry. Thanks to this, we will be able to show others than to do it. Therefore, we are propagators of iterative introduction of products to the market. The Instant Market Experiments we cover here.
Market experiments in the times of a pandemic – the same, only faster
Our assumed budget for advertising: $5,000 – $10,000.
We assume experimenting in the fields:
Lead – “top of the funnel”
- Facebook Ads – because we are still not sure which message will work ideally, we want to prepare at least 3 – 5 different versions of a video and for each of them we want to add a paid promotion with customer behavior tracking
- Tools: Facebook pixel + Google URL Creator – a cookie file that will answer the question which of the videos converts best.
- Google Ads – we are not convinced that there are people on the market who are now looking for an e-book with the title prepared by us. However, we would like to start with this action, as it worked best in the first quarter. We decided to prepare a new version of the website, with a new offer and of course encouraging you to buy an e-book.
- Tools: Google Tag Manager + HotJar.
- Lead Generation on LinkedIn – we would like to send 1000 messages to entrepreneurs in which we will offer them to buy an e-book. We want to make ourselves known and invite you to cooperate.
- Webinars and articles – we want to run various campaigns to encourage the purchase of an e-book.
- Tools: Zoom, LinkedIn Pulse.
Prospect – The middle of the funnel
- We want to use the customer journey created and tested by Nicholas Kusmich.
- The stages he describes:
- Promotion (Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Lead Generation, Webinars and Content) Landing
- Page – “Godfather’s Offer” – an offer that cannot be rejected. In our case, it is an offer to buy an e-book that has just been written. In which, as the only company on the market, we honestly share all our knowledge and respond to the current needs of customers. We collect e-mail addresses. We collect the first payments, which we reinvest in further promotion.
- Depending on the adopted message, we want to make at least a few landing pages with a different message. Matched 1 to 1 for a particular campaign. As soon as they are ready, we will present them here.
- Then we will use remarketing and email campaigns, we’ll remind ourselves of ourselves.
- Remarketing – means that people who have entered our website in a browser will install a “cookie file”. When the user enters a specific website, a graphic will be displayed reminding about us. The same on his Facebook profile, etc.
- Additionally, we will try to identify the best keywords and market segment.
Bottom of the Funnel – Sales
- Sales of additional landing products, subscription products, instant market experiments, etc. We want to prepare this e-book in such a way that everyone can prepare and conduct market experiments on their own. However, most likely, there will be people and companies that will not want to learn everything on their own and will prefer to buy a ready-made service.